Monday, March 28, 2011

Post Workout Smoothie

Here is a good post workout smoothie I like to make after the gym. My munchkins like it as well. It comes from Super Smoothies by Mary Corpening Barber and Sara Corpening Whiteford.

POWER PUNCH (serves 2)

1/2 C soft silken tofu
1 1/4 C pear nectar
1/2 C frozen diced pineapple
1/2 frozen banana, sliced
1 t lime juice

Combine the pear nectar and tofu in a blender. Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.

About 170 calories per serving, 2 g fat.

Tip: I use the Knudsen's Pear Juice I found at Bloom in the gluten-free section. Silken Tofu can be found at Ingles in the produce section. I use canned crushed pineapple and freeze it in 1/2 C portions in a plastic baggie. I find it best to slice the banana in advance, freeze it then the slices are ready to use (they don't turn brown when frozen).

No comments:

Post a Comment