Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ziti with Sun Dried Tomato Cream Sauce

Photobucket

Didn't I post something pasta with a tomato cream sauce? I couldn't find it anywhere. Oh well, as a result I had to use this recipe.

http://theherbivorehippi.hubpages.com/hub/ZITI-WITH-SUN-DRIED-TOMATO-CREAM

My links are acting weird. Sorry about that.

With all those little grape tomatoes we got from out CSA, I dried them into dried tomatoes. I guess they weren't sun dried because I didn't actually use the sun. I used my brand new dehydrator, and then I used the oven after it broke. :( Here I was thinking I was all cool for being smart in how I preserved the excess, but then I ended up with little baggies in my freezer full of dried tomatoes. I made the above recipe not really expecting much, but it was delicious. I thawed my dried tomatoes by soaking them in olive oil and then used that oil in the recipe. I had just a bit more oil then called for, so I just added that as well. Mistake. My one complaint with this was that is was too oily! Served it with a salad and it was a great meal. I have a feeling that all those little baggies of dried tomatoes will get used up soon!

1 comment:

  1. Kerri, this was awesome. I just loved the flavor. Mine didn't turn out too saucy tho - was really thick. I added soy milk to make it more like sauce. Or should I have used silken tofu instead of firm? I couldn't tell from the directions.

    ReplyDelete