Friday, September 9, 2011

Eggplant "Parmesean"

I really love that Fat Free Vegan Blog, but don't tell her, I am trying to play it cool and not let my Lively Kitchen Blog Crush know.

Photobucket

Was looking for an eggplant parm recipe and of course, there is one at Fat Free Vegan. This is really not an eggplant parmesean recipe. This is more a creamy tomato sauce with eggplant in it. To be honest, I feel the eggplant took away from the recipe. And I really love eggplant. However, the sauce, oh! The Sauce, the creamy tomatoey sauce was just wonderful. I did not make a new batch of sauce and instead used some I had previous made and canned. The cheesey sauce came together pretty quickly and was very nice. I did make one major sub, I used real parm cheese. I'm ok with it!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. What, you're cheating on me?!? What does she have that I don't? Oh wait, like a million more readers. :) But, does she know your sister?

    ReplyDelete