Friday, September 16, 2011

Cashew Pineapple Stir Fry

This is another one from Peas and Thank You. And This is another one that I couldn't find the original recipe. I would type it in, but thought it was just ok.

Photobucket

I don't know, I just find it hard to make a good stir fry at home. Everything just ends up tasting soy saucey. (The one exception is the Veggie Udon Noodles. Need to make that now that the CSA is slowing down). Anyways, I was a little disappointed with this recipe. It was okay. The combo of pineapple, cashews, and tofu was interested, but after awhile, just got old. I won't make this again.

I did want to give you a "good" recipe, so here is my latest "Kerri bar" (lara bar knock off). I call them almond cookie bars.

In a food processor, process 1.5 cups of almonds until resembles "wet sand". Then add 1.25 cups dates, splash of vanilla, pinch of salt and process. Add scoop of almond butter and water TB by TB until the "dough" collects on one side. Press into a saran wrap lined toasted oven pan and chill until firm. Cut bar out, place into a snack bag, bring with you to class and gulp down on the way to the potty after refilling water bottle between classes if you can get away from the students asking you for a course ID for the millionth time. THERE IS NO COURSE ID. Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment