Saturday, April 26, 2014

I do not need another cookbook...

I do not need another cookbook, I do not need another cookbook...



Let's be real, I think blogs are out.  I think blogs are only there to write that viral post that gets hit on your Facebook page.  I think Facebook and Twitter are where its at.  However, I am still half heartedly following a few blogs.  Honestly, usually I only follow them on Friday afternoons at work when I am killing him if that tells you anything.  I never read Oh She Glows regularly, but give credit that she is an excellent vegan cook.  She just came out with another cookbook and I REEEAALLLLYYYY want it.  (and sprouted kitchen as well), but I don't NEED it.  

I did make a recipe from her site.  On of the grad students in my lab has had some issues.  I think she would tell you that I was helping her, but truth be told, SHE was helping ME.  Don't you hate when that happens?  Well, during lent she gave up dairy and gluten, but I wanted to give her a treat.  I made her these almond butter bars and they were very well received.

Another plus, they were SO easy to make, but did work better when you kept them cold.  I want to make them again!!  But probably shouldn't.  YUM.


As an aside, I just want to put this out there.  I know paleo and going gluten free is in, and I can see how it is beneficial, but honestly, I think most of these people are happier and healthier because they gave up DAIRY.  I wish they understood that!

No comments:

Post a Comment