Monday, June 23, 2014

Pasta Primavera from the Crock Pot




Its been a while since I made this and I've been waiting for a good time to post it.  Since its been rather crummy out the past couple of days it just seemed like a crock pot weather.

This one is from one of my all time favorite recipe creators - American's Test Kitchen. Unfortunately they don't make a lot of vegan food, but there are a few recipes that I can use. Most of the vegan ones they make are in their newest book "Slow Cooker Revolution".   Now, I'm not a huge fan of all their slow cooker recipes. And I admit that when I first started trying their slow cooker recipes I had to adjust my perspective of what slow cooking actually was.  Its not just dump-it-all-in-the-pot-and-turn-it-on-for-eight-hours kind of cooking.  There is usually some prep-work that requires dirtying a sauté - pan or two.

After trying many of their recipes I do feel like the little extra work is worth it. The work I'm referring to is usually chopping and sautéing the vegetables in advance or adding something mid-way through the cooking process.



This Pasta Primavera sauce recipe of theirs is pretty good. It wasn't love at first bite, but it nourished my body.  My husband actually saw it in the pot when he got home from work and thought it was vegetable soup and ate it without the pasta. 

I will probably have this on the menu at my pre-race pasta party for those of us who want our veggies.


No comments:

Post a Comment