Sunday, October 19, 2014

Rice Cooker Rice and Peas


When I first started to eat meatless dished, one of my favorite times to eat this way was after trips.  The reason for this was two fold:  one, I probably had been eating crap for a couple of days and needed to "cleanse" and two, it was usually pretty easy to throw together a vegetarian dinner from usual pantry items.  I made Rice Cooker Rice and Peas after a recent trip to the mountains.  The original was from a blog that I try to follow, but like a lot of blogs (cough, this one, cough) the posting has dwindled down.  But, it is still a good site for easy vegan/vegetarian meals.  At any rate, this recipe only calls for things you probably already have in your kitchen.  I don't usually make jasmine rice, but I loved the combo of the light rice with the coconut oil.  I topped my rice with toasted almonds and served it with roasted chickpeas.

No comments:

Post a Comment