Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cashew Veggie Korma




My favorite Indian dish is chicken Korma. But since I've been on the vegan kick, I naturally had to find a vegan version - very difficult to do. The traditional dish, aside from having chicken, has a cream/yogurt base to it.

But leave it to the Post Punk Kitchen to develop a recipe. I thought it was pretty close the original thing. You can find the recipe here.

I made only half the recipe and it still made alot. I ended up giving some of it away because it was just too much for DH and I to eat.

Although the recipe is long, it really wasn't that difficult to put together. I think I had it done during nap time.

2 comments:

  1. I made this. Halved the recipe and still made a ton. That is ok with me. Been eating a little every day. I do feel like it is missing something. Like maybe a hot pepper in with the puree...next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. its not a perfect Korma, but I think for a vegan recipe its decent.

    ReplyDelete