Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pasta and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce

Photobucket

I have a Costco membership. I like it because it saves me money. NOT because I buy things in bulk, but because I buy things in bulk, I make less runs to WalMart and Target. So, I spend less money. One of my finds there (in addition to dates, nuts, oatmeal, maple syrup, and craisens) is a HUGE jar of roasted red peppers for like $4. Super deal, or so I thought. Turns out it is hard to use up an entire jar before they go bar. Also turns out that since this jar is SO HUGE, it is impossible to open. It usually takes both Mark and I working as a team with alternating hot and cold running water, towels, and rubber mitts to get one open. I have one jar left. :( I will not be getting any more. At any rate, I decided to use some leftover peppers to make a sauce. I was originally thinking of making a sauce like my favorite sun dried tomato one, but couldn't really find a recipe. Instead I found a much healthier version without the added creaminess. I tried to find the source, but I made this awhile ago and couldn't located. It was basically to saute one chopped roasted red pepper, shredded carrot, and finely chopped onion in a pan then blend with a bit of water and put on pasta. it was ok. It was about the time I was serving it that I realized I could use my sun dried tomato sauce and just used the peppers. DUH! Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment