Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pumpkin Muffins

Photobucket

One bad thing about the Day School is that you have to bring snack. It ends up being once a month, unless you have two kids, so multiply 1 x 2 = 2 carrying the fact that Andy is actually in 2 classes = 3 times a month. It turned out Andy had to bring snack and I was not prepared. Keep in mind that Andy doesn't really eat anything except crackers. He is also fond of all the "P" foods: pancakes, pizza, and puffins. And it turns out, against all odds, he will eat pumpkin muffins. The good thing about baking from scratch is that you usually have everything you need to make something. I would also argue that with vegan baking you are even more likely to have all the ingredients on hand. Out of eggs and milk? No biggie. I found this recipe in my copy of Vegan with a Vengance.

They turned out great. I am a little concerned with the amount of sugar and oil in them, but that might be because I doubled the recipe. It just seemed like a lot. But, they were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment