Monday, August 6, 2012

Fruit Calzones - Pink-a-yummy!

I subscribe to Vegetarian Times magazine (Thanks Shannon for introducing me to VT!).  They have many new recipes and many of them are vegan. So when I saw this recipe in this month's issue I thought "how perfect! easy and my kids will love it!".

Well, my daughter nibbled on hers, surprisingly.  My son however devoured it. At least one of them liked it!

My husband liked them. Too easy to put together and quite yummy.
I had to reproduce the recipe - the magazine doesn't publish their recipes while the current issue it out.

Here it goes

1 pkg refrigerated pizza dough
8 t all-fruit spread
1 apple, grated
1/2 C berries of your choice, sliced if they are large
1/4 C sugar (opt)

1) Preheat oven to 500. coat baking sheet with cooking spray
2) Divide dough into 8 balls. roll out to 4x6 oval.
place 1 t fruit spread on inside and top with 1 t apple and 1 T berries.
3) Wet the edges of the dough with a little water and fold over the top half and seal. Crimp the edges with a fork.
4) Brush the calzones with water and sprinkle sugar on top.



5) Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden. Let stand 10 mins before serving. (mine got a little too done - still getting used to a new oven, I guess!)



No comments:

Post a Comment