Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Roasted Brussels Sprouts



I had a bad experience with brussels sprouts once - when I was kid.  Poorly prepared, sitting cold on my plate. I tried to feed them to the dog but even she wouldn't eat them.  I haven't been back there since.

Now, 30 some odd years later I'm brave enough to try them again.  Got the idea out of Veganomicon.  And I read somewhere that the smaller ones are not bitter. The ones I had were all about the size of a marble or a superball your kids would get from those little vending machines.They were quite yummy.

Get a fresh bunch from the farmer's market.
Trim the knobby ends and slice in half.
Lay cut side down on the tray, evenly coat with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 400 for 15 mins, throw a teaspoon of minced garlic in with them in the last few mins of baking.

Voila. They were so good, my husband (who also doesn't like brussles sprouts) and I ate the whole batch.

Give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment