Saturday, October 15, 2011

Apple sauce

We went apple picking a few weeks ago and although I had the best intentions to make multiple things with my apples, after they had been sitting on the counter for WEEKS, I had to get them gone. I made one batch of apple sauce and it was so good, I made another. I actually made homemade apples sauce last year and was not impressed. This one was much better. You start with a bunch of apples, peeled, sliced, cored, and chopped. Luckily, I borrowed a gizmo from my neighbor. I actually haven't given it back yet and I really need to. I also owe her money.

Photobucket

You then put the apples in a pot with some lemon juice, apple juice, and a cinnamon stick and cook for 20-30 minutes. I may have also added some salt. Once the apples are soft, I added some honey then blended with my immersion blender. If you don't have one, GET ONE! Here is before:

Photobucket

And after:

Photobucket

Yeah, about 3-5 pounds of apples makes enough apple sauce for, well, me, Mark, James and Andy. And then it is gone. But still good. Here is my original source.

No comments:

Post a Comment