Saturday, October 29, 2011

Black Bean Soup

Photobucket

I made this recipe on Friday. It is a crock pot recipe so I assembled it the night before and had it cook all day. So, let me go ahead and say, that there have been many times that I follow the recipe and my beans don't cook. You just have to be careful. I usually go all out. I soaked my beans the night before and I let them cook from 7am to 5:30 pm. They were NOT overcooked if you know what I am saying. I have made it before and for a crock pot recipe, it isn't bad. I served it with Cowgirl Cornbread from Peas and Thank You. That was ok. I'd stick with the one from Post Punk Kitchen.

Instead of the cumin crema, I used some smashed avacado. I tried making the crema with vegan sour cream and let me just say, don't. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment