Monday, March 5, 2012

Another feast?

Photobucket

This one was not quite as good as the one last week, but it did feature butternut squash and chickpeas as well.

I had some leftover butternut squash and some leftover wonton wrappers from the last time I made the vegan wontons. Since I did miss LNO, I decided to make my own butternut squash ravioli. I didn't really use a recipe, just came up with one.
- Roast 1.5 cups butternut squash with olive oil, salt and pepper for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Process 1/8 cup almonds in food processor until chopped fine. Add the roasted squash and 2 leaves of fresh sage.
- Add TB to a corner of a wonton wrapper. Spread water on edges of wonton and fold over and seal.
- saute in oil of choice, adding a sprinkle of cinnamon and 1 tsp fresh sage when done.
- serve hot

Photobucket

I feel I over sauted them and I would have liked some kind of sauce, but it was pretty good.

I served them with another batch of roasted chickpeas, this time roasted with lemon and rosemary from peas and thank you. I didn't like these as much...they were just a bit too tangy. Perhaps I over marinated.

Rounded it off with a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment