Saturday, March 24, 2012

Chesapeake Tempeh Cakes



I can't believe that these were really good. We like crab cakes and although I didn't use the nori, which would have made them a little "fishy", they had the texture of crab cakes without being mushy, as crab cakes can sometimes be.

I'm also not too familiar with tempeh. My only experience with tempeh until now was making Shannon's Facon Bacon. I failed to read the recipe and prepare in advance, then when I realized my shortcomings, I tried to "fake it" by substituting and skipping steps and ultimately ended up with a disaster. No fault of the recipe whatsoever.

I had been hanging onto this recipe for a while, and just hadn't gotten to it. Then I really hadn't been doing alot of cooking the past 3 months, because I had a baby in December. But after getting my body composition assessment done at the gym, I now realize that have to get back on the bandwagon.

I'm glad I did. These were quite excellent. Not too difficult to prepare either, despite the long list of ingredients. With few exceptions, any vegan should have these ingredients in his/her pantry already.

Its by my favorite vegan chef, Isa Chandra Moskowitz, of course. I can't stay away from that woman. Find it here.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I was thinking of taking the blog down. So glad you posted. And who cares about body assesment, I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete