Thursday, April 19, 2012

Polenta with Tomato-Braised Beans



We liked this. I wouldn't say its in my top 10 of most used or favorite recipes, but it can be easy to prepare if you use prepared polenta from the produce section instead of dry polenta. Using the dried polenta can be high maintenance if you ask me - you just have to keep an eye on it, stirring alot and it can still get lumpy.  Polenta, if you don't know is a fancy term cornmeal.  You don't need to buy the pricier package that says Polenta on the label - I just use plain old House Autry Cornmeal.  You can however use prepared polenta you get from the produce section of the store - fry it or mash it and serve the beans over the top, and this meal will be just as good.

But its another way to get white beans into your diet - they have lots of calcium.

Try it here.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT PICTURE! I like this one, but like you, it is hard to say why. Very comfort food like.

    ReplyDelete