Friday, April 20, 2012

Tempeh with Cherry Balsalmic Reduction Sauce

Whoa, blogger has a new interface I guess... Photobucket So, this was a fancy one. I checked out Color Me Vegan from the library. I love it! It has been a long time that a cookbook has interested me like this. One of the recipes that spoke to me was this one. When we would eat meat at hope, those chicken dishes were always so easy: saute a little chicken, make a little sauce, serve with a veggie and rice...dinner is served! This is kind of like that, but uses tempeh instead of chicken. First thing, the recipe states to steam the tempeh. Well, I had some time so I went ahead and did it. I guess it made a difference. The author says it gets rid of some of the bitterness of tempeh. I guess it did. She also recommends freezing tofu so take it with a grain of salt. Once the steaming was done, the meal came together quickly. It was pretty good. I could see making it again if I still have the book! Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment