Friday, March 28, 2014

Things are getting better

With my first kid, I had a plan regarding eating.  I read all the books and when James ate everything I gave him, I knew it was because of my excellent parenting.  I swear I did the same thing with Andy, but eh, nothing.  Reality hit big time.  I still pretty much stick to my guns.  I keep healthy foods in the house, he eats what we eat, I offer fruits and veggies, involve him with the meal prep ANNNNDD nothing.  For five years.  Nothing.  In the last couple of months, I have started to have some success.  Mainly with soups.  And mainly when I say if you eat ALL your soup then you can have dessert/candy/whatever.  I'm pretty sure that was against the rules, but it works.  He grudgingly takes a bite of his soup and decides that it isn't awful and keeps eating.  He has even asked for these soups on occasion.  The most recent success was with a red and black lentil chili from Fat Free Vegan.  I had black lentils and red lentils to use up and it came together quickly.  I didn't use the pressure cooker, just cooked on the stove.  I served with white cheddar cornbread from Daily Garnish which is not vegan, but delicious.


2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy. I've been trying to make this since you posted it, but I can't find the Black lentils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only place I have found black lentils is at whole foods in the bulk section. I like them because they cook quickly, but still whole their shape pretty well.

    ReplyDelete