Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Roasted ChickPeas


I wasn't so sure about these. But they actually turned out okay. The best part is that they are very transportable.  Put a bunch in a baggie and take it with wherever you go.



I read a few recipes for roasted chickpeas online - there are a bunch out there.  And they are all very similar. 

Basically it goes like this:

1 15 can chick peas
olive oil
cayenne pepper

Open a can of chickpeas and rinse them.  Dry them off on a towel and dump them on a parchment lined jelly roll pan. Roast at 375 for about 45 minutes until dry (mine were still a little chewy and moist on the inside, but I liked them that way). 

Once out of the oven, coat with a tad bit of EVOO - maybe a 1/2 t. Not very much. Don't want them too oily.  I seasoned mine with about 3 dashes of cayenne pepper. Enough to spice them up without burning my mouth on first bite. 
Keep in a tightly covered container.  Consume immediately.  These don't keep very long - maybe a day. 

I've seen these made with honey and little sea salt instead of cayenne, which I tried thinking my daughter would eat them - she wouldn't.  They weren't too bad with the honey, but I liked the cayenne ones better. 



1 comment:

  1. I love roasted chickpeas. I think I made some that I posted on this blog that were pumpkin spiced. YUM!

    ReplyDelete