Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A few to share

This blog is a little difficult for me to keep up with because literally everything I cook lately is vegan. Here are some things I have made in the last week.

Black bean soup.

Photobucket

Soup was a big thing for me during the colder months and I am getting away from it now that it is older. I think I had a package of dried beans and found this recipe. It was actually a crock pot recipe that claimed to only need 3 hours to cook. Lies. All lies. I soaked mine and cooked all day and they were just done in time. Also with this recipe was a cumin crema. I did try it with the vegan sour cream. Wish I hadn't. Not really a fan of vegan sour cream...

White bean tortilla bake with green salsa.

Photobucket

It is divided in half because half is with real cheese and half with vegan cheese. It does use sour cream and I used all vegan sour cream. This actually worked out just fine. I really liked this, and I think Mark did too. A nice little casserole for the vegans! Didn't take all that long to put together and if any of you have a baby this might be what you get!

Peanutty Noodles.

Photobucket

I have made several versions of these and love them all. This one was actually very easy. Mark doesn't like them because he thinks the peanut butter is "wierd", but it is actually quite delicious. Thought I could get James to eat them, but he really doesn't like sauce.

1 comment:

  1. We tried this one and everyone ate it! I have to admit that I was concerned about the sauce, so I didn't use all of it. I thought the girls would be turned off, but Mike and I wished that I had used it all.

    ReplyDelete