Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cucumber-Avacado Soup

Let me be honest. I am not a huge cucumber fan. I mean, I like them thinly sliced on a sandwich. In the past, could have used them to make a mean tziki sauce, but what to do with the other 9 cucumbers you got in your CSA box this week. Until next week. When you get 10 more? Well, I have started using them to make a cold soup. Now, I know, I know, that cold soup goes against most everything we as southerners hold dear. Which is why it is a good thing that at least two of you are from "the north". But honestly, cold soup isn't that bad. It is really like a salad. Go with that.

I did do some google searches. I started with a non vegan one and came up with a vegan one. Yay for avacados. I am actually a huge avacado fan. I did a few versions of this, and here is my latest one:

Cucumber-Avacado Soup (guacamole style)

2 cucumbers, peeled and seeds removed
1 avacado
1 jalapeno, seeds removed
1 garlic clove, peeled
handful of cilantro
juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper
cold water as needed

- combined all ingredients in a food processor. Add cold water until desired consisancy.

I made this one time with the Rustic Pasta Amy W posted. (also used up a head of cabbage from the CSA box)

Photobucket

Ok, I actually used 3 cucumbers for that one. It was a little too much cucumber!

One time I made this with the zucchini crab cakes posted by Shannon (except I used some yellow squash).

Photobucket

I can see me whipping this up for lunch one day. It would be good for a raw diet. I am thinking about going "high raw" Ya know, cause being vegan wasn't wierd enough. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment