Sunday, June 26, 2011

Refrigerator Pickles

I really don't like pickles. The thought of them makes me gag. If I were paid to eat just one pickle, I don't think I could do it. Okay, so I might force myself to choke one down if the prize was big enough - Yes, shamefully, I can be bribed. Nick loves pickles, and since we had so many cucumbers from our CSA box, I whipped a bunch of these. No pickle smell, no cooking required. They keep well.

Refrigerator Pickles
9 cups thinly sliced cucumbers (skins on)
1 cup sliced thin strips green pepper
1 cup sliced thin onion
1 teaspoon celery seed
2 Tablespoons kosher salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup white vinegar

Wash cucumbrs, leave peel on and slice thin. Add green peppers, onion and celery seed.

Combine sugar, salt, and vinegar and stir until completely dissolved. Pour over cucumber mixture. Put in glass jars or tupperware, cover.
Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment