Friday, June 24, 2011

Squash Stuff

Let me be honest, I am not a huge squash fan. Have I said that before? I feel like I am repeating myself. What I mean by that, is that I will eat squash, but when given pounds and pounds of squash from my CSA, I am not going to just slice it and cook it every night. I need some inspiration! I found some inspiration from that fat free vegan blog. The first thing I made was a squash soup. I know. It is summer. It is hot. The last thing you want is soup. But, sometimes it is cooler and soup is apropiate. I actually put this together one night and then served it for lunch with some homemade bread. This ended up being pretty good. I am not saying I would prefer it over a nice butternut squash soup in January, but it is a good and healthy way to eat a lot of squash.

Photobucket

And here is Mr Tony. A NON-vegan. I invited him to stay for lunch after swim lessons and told him what we were having and he still agreed. Ms. Jenny was there too but she was not picture. However, she did insist I put this on my blog.

Photobucket

The other thing I made was black bean and squash enchiladas. The author used squash instead of corn for the filling and I thing it was a great idea. Here is a picture:

Photobucket

I may made it a casserole next time, or I may just find better tortillas. To be completely honest, I am extremely unhappy with our tortilla options here. I may have to start making my own. These were another good way to use up some squash. So bummed to hear our CSA was victim to squash bugs...DARN!

No comments:

Post a Comment