Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Stuffed Stuff

I recently made some stuffed portobello shrooms and some stuffed peppers, both of which were pretty good. I think we liked the peppers better than the shrooms. Both of these recipes are from allrecipes, and as they appear, they are vegetarian, not vegan. But they are easily modified. For the shrooms, I just left out the cream of celery soup and parmesan cheese and instead used half a block of tofu which I drained and crumbled. So my version wasn't as creamy as the original, but still not bad. For the peppers, you can just leave out the parmesan cheese. I actually left it in because I was feeling a little wild and crazy that day. And the sweetened spaghetti sauce on top is key. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but it was yummy!

Here's the stuffed shrooms:

And here's the stuffed peppers:

The picture above is from when I made the shrooms. I served them with sauteed mushrooms, onions and spinach (I know that's a lot of shrooms and spinach for one meal, but when I have produce that needs to get used before it spoils, I'll find a way to use it!), and couscous.

No comments:

Post a Comment