Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rustic Pasta

Wow! I'm way behind you ladies! I would like to share a dinner recipe that we liked. I got it from the book --thekinddiet. I bought this book for the "treats" but think the other recipes sound good, too.

1/2 lb pasta--whatever you like

2 tbls olive oil

2 lg onions, thinly sliced

2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or sliced thinly

2 celery stalks sliced thinly on diagonal or diced

1/4 c soy sauce

1/2 tsp fine sea salt

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1 head of green cabbage, sliced thinly

5-6 tbls marinara sauce


-Cook pasta (you ladies know how to do that:)) I used whole wheat thin spaghetti and under cooked slightly. Drain well.


-Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add onions and cook for a few minutes until softened. Add garlic and saute for 3 more minutes or until onions are transparent and turning golden--be careful not to let garlic cook too long on high heat.


-Add celery (I cut long skinny strips) to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, salt, and garlic powder. Then add cabbage for 4-5 more minutes. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 more minutes.


-Add pasta to the skillet with the sauce and cook for a minute or two on med-high heat.


Note: I thought that one whole head of cabbage was a lot, but I think you need it!


...off to look for some breakfast recipes for myself! I've been eating more vegan meals than the rest of the family. I have to say that I feel no "food hangovers" afterwards....the family is warming up to the idea of eating more vegan meals, it's a slow process but fun!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I would think that would be a lot of cabbage. Hopefully I can try this one...can't wait to borrow that book!

    ReplyDelete