Monday, July 25, 2011

Eggplant Chickpea Curry

I am stealing this from my other blog:

Photobucket

For full disclosure, last year was the first year I had ever tried eggplant. I think my sister actually tricked me into eating some one time, but last year, I knowingly cooking and ate eggplant.

It was freaking del-licous!

Some of the time. I think eggplant is one of those tempermental vegtables. But still, I was looking forward to getting some more eggplant in my CSA share. Last year, it was black beauties. This year, Japanese. Both delicious, but apparently the japanese is more plentiful! I used some up in this recipe of an indian curry. I was just craving something ethinic, and this was a perfect dish of easy, but Indian. I may make again if I have a lot of eggplant.

The eggplant breaks down to more of a sauce for the chickpeas. It was really good! I just served it with brown rice and some naan. Leftovers were even better!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment