Friday, July 15, 2011

Veggie Wraps with Mmmm Sauce

I feel like eating a plant based/whole foods diet is a bit more difficult, because all of the popular condamints, well, you have to make yourself. It would be such a PITA, if it wasn't so freaking delicious, am I right?

My blog crush's blog crush made an Mmmmm sauce. (she actually wrote a whole freaking vegan cookbook that comes out at the end of the month if you are interested. When is our cookbook coming out?) I have been wanting to try it, but waiting for the perfect excuse. With all the eggplant we have been getting, I decided to grill some veggies and used them for a grilled veggies sandwich dinner. I used the Mmmm sauce as a curry/creamy/cheesy addition to the sandwich.

Photobucket

With bread it was good. So good, that I ran back to the grill to put more veggies on. I repeat the meal this week, but roasted the veggies in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Photobucket

To be honest, I came home from body pump. Vaccuumed. Cut up the veggies. Put them in the oven. Took a shower. And then they looked a little black. Maybe less that 20 minutes. I then took the Mmmm sauce out of the fridge from the week before. Mmmm. I then made a wrap. A key part of this wrap is the torilla. No offense, but I have decided that you cannot buy a decent tortilla in the grocery store in this area. I buy mine from Trader Joes and freeze them. Buying a bunch from super taco would also be acceptable. Pile all ingredient in a tortilla, roll up, and enjoy (with a napkin).

Photobucket

Mmmmmmm!

2 comments:

  1. Looks really good. This is the kind of thing my kids would eat. Will have to try it.

    I did not know you could buy tortillas from SuperTaco! I'll have to ask about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been making this since you posted it. Its fantastic. What a super fast way to get dinner on the table.

    ReplyDelete