Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chili Cookoff!

Many of you know that I entered the FHPC Chili Cookoff. I did not expect to win, but just to support a good cause. I called my chili "Vegan Orange" Black bean and barley chili. I really like this chili because it is easy to put together (although it takes an hour to cook) and the barley really gives it a meaty texture. I meant to take pictures of the contest, but all I took was this while it was cooking:

Photobucket

The recipe I used was based on this one. I multiplied it by three and have a bit leftover. I added a little bit more spice in the form of jalapenos, chipotle powder, and my dad's chili powder. It ended up with a nice spice, but the lady who asked, "is this spicy?" did not seem offended. I served it with fritos, green onions, and non-dairy cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment