Friday, April 1, 2011

Yet another vegan mac and cheese

I know that there have been other recipes posted before, but I read about this one on my blog crush's blog. She said it was good, so I had to try it! It touts itself as a no-nutional yeast mac and cheese. I had extremely high hopes about this recipe while assembly. I made it up during naptime, and then baked it right before dinner.

Photobucket

My confidence started to waver at this point, so I decided not to take any pictures of the entire meal. Really at this point, it was Mark's comments that are inspiring me to point this. He ate it without hesitation. He knows that I am cooking vegan, and usually with recipes like this he immediately demans, "what's in this?" He just dove right it, and it wasn't until he was halfway done when he finally mentioned, you mean there is no cheese in this. Personally, I did think it was pretty good, I think I didn't use the correct amount of pasta and too much mustartd, but I am looking forward to trying it again. The kids didn't like the bread crumbs.

Photobucket

Edited to add: Hey Amy H - my blog crush actually did a whole post on a ode to collard greens. I am not a fan of cooked greens, but I actually bought a bunch today to try some wraps. Link is here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kerri, I made this tonight - it's exceptional! Tastes even better than the real thong. Mason couldn't get enough. Will be making it again. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri, have you tried making this without the breadcrumbs? My girls would probably not like that either...

    ReplyDelete