Monday, April 4, 2011

Summer Squash and Zucchini with Basil

1 lb yellow squash
1 lb zucchini
1 tbls non-dairy butter
1 tbls extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion chopped 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 large ripe tomato, diced--or I have used canned diced tomatoes
2 tbls chopped fresh basil
Seasoned salt and freshly ground black pepper

Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch rounds and set aside. Heat non-dairy butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add squash, zucchini, onion and garlic. Cook until you've reached your favorite tenderness. Then add tomato and basil, stir and heat through. Season! My Mother-in-law loves this side dish! I changed it some to take out any dairy, but noone will notice! **if you use canned tomatoes, make sure to drain well

2 comments:

  1. ...trying to figure out why my recipe keeps "jumbling" up into paragraph form...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Amy, I just used the ENTER button. ;) Maybe for LNO we need to choose a restaurant with wifi and I'll bring my laptop. I will also show you how to post pictures.

    ReplyDelete