Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Groceries

I know this is slightly off topic - but we do have to buy the ingredients for all these wonderful recipes somewhere....

So, I want to give a shout out to the Clemson Ingles. I am so excited that they keep adding new products so I don't have to drive to Greenville!! I (along with others, I suspect) have been making product requests at the front desk when I can't find something that I would buy there if they carried it.

A short list of some the new helpful products I saw today:
- Vegan sour cream and vegan cream cheese (in the produce section with the tempeh and tofurky)
- Coconut oil, grapeseed oil, sunflower oil (baking aisle)
- Soy yogurt (with the yogurt)
- Coconut milk (dairy section)

Some of these may have been there for a while, but I requested the sour cream and cream cheese about a month ago and have been actively looking for them. The others I just happened to notice today.

Now, I'm on to requesting Coconut milk yogurt and Amy's quarter pound veggie burgers!!

Maybe if we take time to share the items we would like be able to buy locally and help each other by making requests they will show up on the shelves!

2 comments:

  1. The Clemson Ingles is really great, I agree. I found lemongrass there! I was so excited that I didn't have to grow it myself. The Seneca Ingles isn't too bad, but the Clemson one has more of the hard-to-find ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I get discouraged and think how will my family ever make another step forward to improve our eating habits, something like this happens! I was at Ingles in Clemson (or Central) today and noticed the veggie sour cream and cream cheese--I made a mental note. I bought their pepperjack veggie slices and it was good to me. I also bought some Smart Bacon, but haven't tried it yet. I bought my first veggie burger as well. It is nice to know that I like a quick and easy "fix", but I have been wanting to try "Amy's" line of veggie burgers. I will request that as well! Thanks y'all!

    ReplyDelete