Saturday, April 16, 2011

Overnight Oatmeal

Oatmeal is a good winter time breakfast. Our house is drafty and cold and it is nice to have something warm to start your day with. Now that it is warmer, I am not eating this as much, but I wanted to record how I make it so I can remember for next year.

Overnight Oatmeal

Combine 1/2 cup steal cut oats and 1 cup water. Let sit overnight.

The next morning, add 1 cup vanilla sweetend almond milk and a healthy pinch of kosher salt and simmer for 20 minutes. In this batch I also added 1 cub pureed strawberries and 1 TB brown rice protein powder.

After 20 minutes, mix well. Spoon half into a bowl and add 1 TB nut butter of your choice.

The result:

Photobucket

Put the remaining in a tupperware to heat in the microwave tomorrow.

Nutritional information incase you are like me and need to put the DIET part into vegan diet:

313 calories, 13 g fat, 15 g protein.

No comments:

Post a Comment